Saturday, January 25, 2014

Posted by Unknown 9:51 PM No comments
Almond Meal Trail Mix Bars






I have been making almond milk for a few months now, and constantly looking for new ways to use up some of the almond meal.  I can only use so much almond flour.  Now that training season is in full swing I need CLEAN versions of the FUEL I used last season.  I feel this recipe needs a little more tweaking, but It is a hearty little snack.  Would be a great companion with some almond butter.


 

Trail Mix Rounds

Ingredients
  • 2 cup almond meal
  • 1/2cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 cut unsweetened coconut
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened craisins
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts) I used pecans
  • 1/2cup cashew pieces
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup honey - optional ( I left this out for whole30)
         

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add all ingredients to a bowl, and mix well (hands work best) making sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Form into either round "discs" and press into the bottom of cupcake tins to bake, or grease a baking sheet, and mold into a big bar to bake, and then cut after baking, Bake for about 25-30 minutes, let cool, and enjoy :) These keep pretty well even outside of the fridge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter