Thursday, September 12, 2013

Posted by Unknown 9:16 AM No comments
(Courtesy of Paleoaholic )

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” 
― Albert Camus
Now that my body thinks it is fall, I am craving hearty stick to your ribs food.  I am not quite ready to break out the crock-pot, but definitely looking for something more than a salad.   This recipe has great flavor and the added bonus of a quick weeknight meal. 

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients
  • 4 pork chops with the bone in ( I chose boneless )
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 4 apples, cored and sliced
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup chicken broth (I had enough liquid in my pan that I did not add the broth the Apple and onion when cooked down create a juice)
Instructions
Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to season. (season to taste)



Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Cook pork chops in coconut oil and cook for 5 minutes on every side until brown.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.      (I did not add remaining oil.)
Stir in the onion, apple slices and honey.


Cook until the onions have caramelized and the apples turn soft. Stir in broth.
Pour the apple and onion mixture over the pork chops as topping.
Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter